I would like to dedicate this nicely combined dessert for a special friend that has been so helpful these last few weeks when things were kind of difficult. Thank you so much. OK, here we go :
For the base
- 225 g whole-wheat biscuits, crushed
- 110g unsalted butter, melted
for the filling
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- 350g fresh cranberry
- 60 ml vodka
- 600g mascarpone
- 2 ripe mango, for the topping
- Tip the biscuit crumbs into a mixing bowl and stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture over the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed round tin and leave to set in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Combine the cranberries, 2 c. water and 1/2 c. of the sugar in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thick and reduced to 2 cups. (The cranberries will “pop” and split open.)
- Beat the mascarpone cheese in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the cranberries, and flavour with the vodka. Pile the mixture over the set biscuit base and smooth over the top.
- Chill the cheesecake for a couple of hours, until the filling has firmed up. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin and cut into wedges.
- For the topping, peel and roughly dice the mango, place in a blender and blitz until smooth. Strain the puree through a nylon sieve and serve separately with the cheesecake.